As the situation with COVID-19 in NYC remains uncertain, we are continuing to identify precautionary measures we can take to reduce the spread of the virus and ways we can help support our members.
What is Work Better doing to address COVID-19?
Work Better is currently adhering to the following special procedures / policies while the threat of COVID-19 remains escalated:
- Additional cleaning and sanitizing of common spaces and surfaces.
- Provide easy access to cleaning and sanitizing products for use by members, as supplies allow.
- Waive standard meeting room cancellation fees for cancellations related to the pandemic.
- Beginning 3/12/20, we halted standard snack station operations.
- Beginning 3/16/20, we will be suspending our regular happy hour events.
What if I choose or need to work from home because of COVID-19?
While New York continues to prepare for the ongoing spread of COVID-19, we understand that you may need to work from home or an alternative site for a period of time. It is our goal to help you get work done - no matter where that happens to be from.
Please notify your onsite General Manager or a Community Associate if you and/or your team needs to work from home in the coming days and weeks while the threat of COVID-19 remains high. It would be our pleasure to help bridge the gap between your office and home office.
What services are available to help me work from home?
- Mail open and scan*
- While the threat remains high, we are offering our standard Mail Open and Scan service complimentary to in-house members who need to work off-site and who provide us authorization to do so using our Special Mail Services Authorization Form.
- Mail forwarding*
- Alternatively, if you’d prefer to have us forward all mail we receive on your behalf to you, we’re happy to do that as well. Again, besides the cost of postage to you, this will be a complimentary service for in-house members. Please complete our Special Mail Services Authorization Form to sign up.
- Call forwarding
- Call forwarding is always a free and easy service to use when members need to automatically forward your calls to your cell or home phone when you’re out of the office. One of your onsite team members would be happy to assist with setting this up for you or you can do so via the Connect platform.
Please Note: While the impact on our area remains uncertain, the potential impact to the Work Better team remains likewise uncertain. For this reason, we will endeavor to provide these additional, complimentary services on a reasonable effort basis. Members will be immediately notified of any changes to our ability to perform these services.
* In order for us to accept mail on your behalf, we must also first have a completed PS Form 1583 on file. Contact your onsite team if you need assistance.
How can I protect myself?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has outlined a series of precautions and things to know to help minimize your risk of catching and spreading the virus:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- If you are traveling, review the CDC’s guide: Coronavirus Disease 2019 Information for Travel.